Monday, December 15, 2008



"So, what do you think?" Grey asks.

Sakuya looks at the items thoughtfully.

"Those gloves, I'm not sure what exactly they are used for," she says. "But they look pretty sturdy. Perhaps they have been magically reinforced."

"Reinforced?"

The chief maid nods slowly.

"You can probably use them to hold things that would normally be too dangerous to hold with bare hands."

She points at the cards.

"Those are spell cards, as I'm sure you have already guessed. Unfortunately, I can't show you how to inscribe spells until we are out of this place."

Grey nods as he pockets the items. He is sure that they will come in handy somehow.

"Earlier, you said that you can't use your powers here. What did you mean, exactly?"

"I mean it exactly as I said. I can't fly or manipulate time in this place," she explains. "This has been true ever since I first arrived in this mansion. Something seems to interfere with my abilities in this tower. Since Lady Remilia never sends anyone to this part of the mansion, I never gave it much thought."

"But doesn't that mean that you should be more careful?"

Sakuya smiles at him confidently as she pulls out several knives from within her dress.

"I can handle myself," she says. "This is just like the old days."

Grey remembers how tight and firm her legs and arms felt. The chief maid must be keeping herself physically fit. Even without her other skills, she seems only a little bit less dangerous.

"Anyway, we should look for the exit. That is, unless you have other suggestions?"

[ ] "Let's get out of here quickly."
[ ] "We should rest in here before heading out."
[ ] "Can we look around for a while?"
[ ] "There is something in here that we need to find."
[ ] Custom

No comments: