Friday, January 23, 2009



Loading User Commands:
[X] Tell her what you remember from the incident at the gate.
[X] Ask if you can hold her hand.

---

The magician looks up from her book. Her deep violet eyes are clear and focused.

"I would like to monitor your condition until you are able to walk around on your own," she says. "If there is anything I should know, don't hesitate to tell me."

Grey raises his head as he tries to clear his head.

"Earlier, Koakuma and I went to the gate to talk to Meiling. I..." says Grey. He cringes in pain as his head starts pounding. Patchouli turns back to her book, but her eyes aren't moving. She seems to be listening intently.

"I-I think we were trying to decide on something when my head began to hurt. I started to lose my balance, and my vision was blurring. I think I started to hear strange things," he continues. The pain is intensifying, but somehow he is able to fight it.

"I got really confused. It's difficult to describe, but I think I felt like I was in danger. I think I drew my gun at Koakuma and Meiling," he says. "My head felt like it was splitting. I think I managed to drop the weapon before passing out."

Patchouli doesn't say anything. Her eyes are still on her book, but she is clearly not reading a single sentence. She seems to be in deep thought.

"Are you sure that no one was hurt?" Grey asks. "I don't.. remember much. I'll never forgive myself if something -"

"Everyone is alright," interrupts Patchouli. "Just calm down and rest."

She looks at Grey thoughtfully. Somehow, her eyes feel different. It is as if some renewed determination has been sparked within this pink and purple book lover. Such an expression doesn't really fit the anemic wizard, but somehow, he can feel some unexplainable strength emanating from this girl.

"I think I am starting to understand," says Patchouli. "I suppose that I will have to act soon."

"Huh? What did you understand?" replies Grey. "None of this makes sense to me."

The wizard turns back to her book and begins to read again.

"Don't worry about it. Just focus on resting. You will be safe here." she says.

Grey sighs as he lies his head back on the bed. His head is spinning wildly. If he tries to hard, he will probably just injure himself. He should just focus on resting.

"..."

But he can't sleep, for some reason. Too many thoughts are passing through his mind. He takes a glance at Patchouli for a moment.

"Can I hold your hand for a bit?" he asks. He blinks stupidly as he realizes what he just said. Did he just think aloud? Patchouli doesn't reply, but her eyes have froze.

"I just want to make sure that you are real to me," he continues. Somehow, this seems to be the best way he can describe how he feels.

Patchouli doesn't say a word. After a few minutes, Grey simply lies back on his head and tries to get some rest. It was a foolish request anyway. This is inappropriate, to say the least. What was he -

Without warning, he feels something warm grab on to his left hand. He takes a glance at Patchouli. She simply continues reading, holding the book with one hand. Her face is calm and neutral. However, he can feel her gently placing her small soft hand over his own. She strokes the back of his hand with her tiny fingers, as if to reassure him. For some reason, his mind becomes focused only on the sensation of her fingers rubbing upon him.

Slowly, he finds himself calming down. Grey closes his eyes. He starts falling into a deep, dreamless sleep. The last thing he remembers is Patchouli flipping the page of her book.

...

Carefully, he opens his eyes. He feels well rested, if not a little bit disoriented.

He surveys the room slowly, barely turning his head. The first thing he notices is that Patchouli is still holding his hand. She hasn't left his side.

"..."

How long was he asleep?

[ ] Greet her normally. Thank her for watching over you.
[ ] Wake up with a start. Let go of her hand immediately.
[ ] Observe her a little bit longer. Wait until she notices that you are awake.
[ ] Pretend to roll around in your sleep. Pull her over you "accidentally".
[ ] Custom

No comments: