Saturday, February 28, 2009


Loading User Commands:
[X] Don't trust Koakuma.

---

"You and Mistress," says Koakuma. "I'll save you both from this madness. This place shall be purified of sinners."

Grey slowly steps back, the gun still in his hand.

"But Koakuma, this is... why did... how..?" he mumbles in confusion.

The magician's familiar looks at him with gentle eyes.

"You must trust me," she whispers. "I've seen it all with my own eyes."

"But destroy the Mansion? Isn't that going too far?" replies Grey.

"It is difficult to explain," she says. "For now, just step through that portal and escape. Mistress and I will follow after we are finished here."

Grey shakes his head and frowns.

"I'm sorry, Koakuma," he says. "I can't just abandon everyone and walk away."

He looks straight into her eyes.

"I can't trust you," he continues. "Not like this."

Koakuma sighs deeply. For a few moments, she walks around the room thinking. She closes her eyes and shudders, as if remembering something painful.

"It had happened so quickly," mutters Koakuma. "I couldn't do anything to stop it. In the end, the other one was finally driven into madness. He lost his mind.. and his soul."

"The other one?" repeats Grey.

The little devil shakes her head quickly.

"I-I won't let that happen again!" cries Koakuma. "I won't let it happen to you! Even if it means that I have to fight as well!"

"I don't understand," he replies.

"They knew," whispers the bat-winged girl angrily. "All of them knew, but they did nothing to stop it. But I understand now. It was all part of their plan."

She looks at him with sadness and regret.

"They used the other one as a sacrifice," says Koakuma.

"A sacrifice?" repeats Grey. "Sorry, I still don't understand anything."

Suddenly, Koakuma runs up and embraces him tightly. Her delicate fingers shake nervously, but they hang on to him with determination. The little devil's wings tremble as he watches them. He can feel the little devil's tiny heartbeat as they stay together for a few moments longer.

"I will protect you," whispers Koakuma. A single tear drops down to the floor as she speaks.

The moment she says that, Grey realizes that she truly cares for him.

But something is wrong.

[ ] Return her embrace.
[ ] Push her away.
[ ] Use the portal.
[ ] Kill her now.
[ ] Talk to her. (Specify)
[ ] Use an item. (Specify)
[ ] Custom

No comments: