Friday, February 6, 2009



Loading User Commands:
[X] Go to sleep.

---

"You are late," says Patchouli.

She takes a passing glance at the firearm in his hand before frowning at him.

"Don't mind it. I just got a little... distracted earlier," he replies.

"Any trouble?" she asks quickly.

"Just a few rats in the cellar. Nothing unusual." he says with a smile.

"Hmm," she manages.

After a few moments, she buries her head once again in her book.

"Don't worry about it. No one is going to interrupt us this time," he whispers.

"Why are you still holding that?" she asks, pointing at the pistol with her other hand.

"Oh, this?" he says.

"Unfinished business?" suggests Patchouli.

"I think you are asking the wrong question, my Mistress," he returns. "Perhaps what you mean to ask is: 'is that for business, or pleasure'.."

Patchouli doesn't say anything in reply. Instead, she simply raises her book a little bit higher; perhaps as a futile attempt to hide her blushing face. Upon noticing his gaze, she starts shifting her feet around nervously.

He smiles mischievously at her behaviour. Perhaps he should tease her a little bit.

"So, my Mistress," he starts. "May I ask what task you request of me? We should make due preparations to do it thoroughly."

The pink and purple wizard grows even redder at that last word. Her eyes are still moving from side to side, but it is clear to him that she is only pretending to read.

"Forgive my poor memory, but I can't seem to recall the reason you called me out on this wonderful evening," he says.

"Umm..." she mutters. She opens her mouth to speak, but she can't seem to find the words.

"Anyway, if you have no need of my services, then perhaps I should leave," he says. Immediately, he turns around and makes for the door. He has only begun to turn its handle when the magician finally speaks.

"D-don't go!" cries Patchouli. She covers her mouth quickly, embarrassed at her sudden, high-pitched outburst. Quickly, she turns back to her book once more.

"Eh? So you do have a task for me, my Mistress?" he asks slowly.

"..."

"You have to tell me exactly what it is," he says. "I can't read minds, you know."

No comments: