Monday, November 17, 2008



He looks at the bat-winged girl thoughtfully. Koakuma has both of her wrists shackled to the wall. A sealing circle has been drawn underneath, preventing her from using spells. She looks up at them. Her eyes widen in shock.

"Y-y-you?" she says, her face aghast.

He smiles politely and bows.

"Good evening, little devil," he says. "I will be hosting tonight's premier performance in this wonderful chamber."

"B-but why?" she asks. Tears flow steadily down her cheeks. Her dress is torn in several places, exposing her delicious white skin.

"You should be thankful that we chose you," Patchouli says. "This ritual will bring forth a new beginning."

"S-shut up! You lying bitch!" Koakuma shouts. "You had this all planned from the start."

Patchouli looks at her expressionlessly.

"Actually, most of it was his plan," she says. "You give me too much credit."

Koakuma looks at him earnestly, as if asking him to deny it. His smile widens in reply.

"Y-you said that you were my f-friend." she stammers. "I-I told you everything. I-I even lied for you!"

"And you were excellent," he says. "As a pawn, of course."

"I-I-I loved you." she whispers.

"..."

Koakuma starts sobbing uncontrollably.

"We should begin the ritual," Patchouli says.

He pauses to decide where to start.

[ ] Blood. This is the currency of life.
[ ] Flesh. A pound to repay one's debt.
[ ] Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.

No comments: