Wednesday, November 5, 2008



Loading User Commands:
[X] Ask about other outsiders who stayed at the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
[X] Ask about the attacks on the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

---

Grey takes a glance at Grimnír, and he sees that he is still thinking. Grey clears his throat.

"If I may go first," he says. "I'd like to know more about other outsiders who stayed at the Scarlet Devil Mansion."

"Hmm," Keine says. "As far as I know, Remilia and the others welcome outsiders who end up near the mansion. She often sends them here to the village after a while."

She pauses, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Now that you mention it, there was that one guy who stayed with them for a pretty long time. He used to come here to the village together with Sakuya and Remilia. I heard that he isn't at the mansion anymore."

"Do you know what happened?" he asks.

"I'm not exactly sure. Sakuya came here after a while, asking if anyone has seen him. Looks like he went missing, but neither Remilia, nor any of the others said anything else. I think it might be a sensitive subject for them."

"I see," he says.

Sakuya mentioned something similar earlier. He thinks that he heard some hints about it from the others, but he can't recall exactly what they said. If he could find more clues to this person's whereabouts, perhaps he can resolve the incidents at the mansion.

"How about you?" Keine asks Grimnír.

"Alice and Marisa mentioned something about a meeting today at the Hakurei Shrine. I'm curious to why the shrine maiden would call a meeting. Would you know?" Grimnír asks.

"I have to admit that I was surprised when she called for it. She invited some of the most influential youkai and humans in Gensokyo. Kaguya, Remilia, Kanako, Yuyuko, Yukari, Sikieiki and several others were sent invitations."

Keine sighs.

"Unfortunately, I'm too busy to go to Reimu's little gathering. Mokou went in my place. I can't really afford to leave the village right now."

Both Sakuya and Remilia left this morning to attend that meeting. It must be really important, or maybe Remilia just wanted to get out of the house. Either way, he should remember to ask them about it later.

Grimnír looks like he is in deep thought. Grey gives Keine a nod.

"May I ask if you know anything about the attacks on the mansion?" he asks.

Grimnír looks up at him. Grimnír gives him a slight nod before turning to Keine.

"I want to know more about the attacks around the Forest of Magic," he says. "Are these attacks all related somehow?"

Keine looks at them both thoughtfully.

"From what I know, the attacks on those two places are unrelated. Various beast-type youkai have been attacking the Scarlet Devil Mansion and the lake around it. I heard some youkai merchants have gone missing around that area. Around the Forest of Magic, a human carrying a trident has been attacking travellers. I heard that some fairies have been unusually aggressive, as well."

Suddenly, Keine bangs her hand hard on the desk.

"And that doesn't even count the incidents around the village. Several of the villagers have gone missing, some of them youkai. I've been patrolling every night, but I've found nothing!"

She composes herself before continuing.

"There are incidents in other places, as well. Reimu thinks that they might all be related, but she hasn't found any proof. Hopefully, they decided to do something in that meeting of hers."

No comments: