Thursday, November 27, 2008



Loading User Commands:
[X] Yourself.

---

"A traitor in the mansion," he repeats.

Patchouli watches him carefully.

"That would be me, wouldn't it?" Grey says slowly.

"..."

"The attacks on the mansion intensified only after I arrived. Sakuya said that up until two days ago, the incidents happened around the area of the mansion, but never inside its grounds."

She gives him a puzzled look.

"We don't have any evidence or any other clues. As a newcomer to the mansion, I must be the most likely suspect."

"I suppose that is all true," Patchouli says. "However, I can't see the person behind this admitting to the crime so easily."

She doesn't look convinced.

"While you may have some unusual ability, I fail to see you as being powerful enough to defeat any of us," she continues. "I doubt if you can even defeat Koakuma at your current level."

"..."

She narrows her eyes.

"Is there something you haven't told me?"

Grey pauses. He doesn't know why he is saying this. He may end up dead. But every time he looks back at those dreams, he can't help but feel like a monster.

"I've had some strange dreams the past two nights," he manages.

Patchouli's eyes glint with interest. She waits patiently for him to continue.

"They felt real," he says. "Like I was being another person, yet still myself."

"Another person?" she asks.

"I mean that I was sure that I was myself in the dreams. The sensations and thoughts racing through my mind were genuine. But I was doing things that I would never dream of doing."

"..."

Grey closes his eyes as he recalls his first dream. He shudders as he remembers how he enjoyed it with sadistic pleasure.

"In the first dream, I found myself walking around the mansion late at night," he says. "I entered Sakuya's room and used some sort of strange skill to overpower her. I did some..."

He cringes as he remembers.

"... horrible things."

Patchouli continues watching him, her expression unreadable.

"In the second dream, I found myself in the Voile Library with you," he says. "You led me to a chamber in the Lower Library where Koakuma was chained up. You assisted me as we conducted some kind of strange ritual..."

He feels a tear roll down his cheek.

"...Koakuma trusted us, but we betrayed her and did unforgivable things."

Grey wipes off the tear as he lowers his head.

"I'm a monster," he whispers.

For a few moments, Patchouli looks at him thoughtfully.

"Just as I suspected," she says.

No comments: