Friday, October 31, 2008



Loading User Commands:
[X] "I didn't come to ask about anything. I just felt like walking with you."

---

"I didn't come to ask about anything. I just felt like walking with you." Grey says.

Sakuya stops walking.

"S-stop it," she says.

Grey also stops walking and turns around. Sakuya is several steps behind him. She looks vexed.

"It's not funny anymore, so just stop it!" she shouts suddenly.

"..."

"I-I know what you're doing! You're trying to catch me with my guard down!"

"Huh?"

"Just like that time..."

Sakuya hangs her head down. Grey can't see the expression on her face.

"He was nice to me. He was nice to everyone. He was almost like family.."

She hold her hands over her chest.

"If only things were a bit different, then maybe..."

She clenches her fists.

"Maybe we would. And then perhaps. But then..."

She shudders.

"Maybe... I would be the one with a chest scar instead!"

Sakuya's eyes narrow as she gives Grey a dark look.

"He betrayed her, after everything she did. And to think I almost..."

Suddenly, a knife appears in her right hand.

"I won't let Lady Remilia get hurt again!"

Grey watches Sakuya silently. Her legs are shaking and her body isn't in a proper attack stance. Her hand is shuddering as she struggles to hold on to her knife. Her eyes show defiance, but her lips betray hesitation. They stand still in silence for a moment. It can't have been longer than a minute, but it felt like eternity.

Present and Past. Calm and Violence. Holy and Damned. Joy and Sadness. Courage and Fear. Faith and Despair. Trust and Betrayal. Life and Death.

Grey looks into her eyes and finally sees it. She seems cold, but she is gentle. She seems heartless, but she is warm. She seems silent, but she has so much to say. She seems confident, but she is alone. She seems reliable, but she needs others too. And she knows it.

He takes the pistol from under his jacket and checks the magazine. It still has more than half a clip left. He tosses it over to Sakuya, who catches it by reflex.

She gives him a puzzled look.

"Kill me."

No comments: