Monday, October 20, 2008



Sakuya frowns at Grey.

"Last night, Remilia told me that we had a guest. All I did was check which room was being used. I saw you looking out of the window before I left. I was told not to disturb you."

"Then you didn't leave those notes, the letter, or that digital watch for me to find?" Grey asks.

"A digital watch... from the Outside?"

Grey nods. Sakuya pauses for a moment, trying to remember. Then she vanishes.

Suddenly, pain. He feels like someone just threw him across the room.

Grey opens his eyes to see an arm pinning him against the wall. The other arm is holding knives close to his neck. Its owner is staring darkly into his eyes. It takes a moment for the scene to register in his head.

"Sakuya?" he asks weakly.

"Who the hell are you? Who sent you? Who are you working for? Answer me, you lying scum!"

"I don't know what you are talking about! I already told you, I can't remember anything!"

Sakuya presses one of the knives against his neck.

"I won't allow anyone to harm Lady Remilia, or anyone in this house again! Now tell me the truth before I start slicing off your fingers."

Grey feels blood trickle down his neck. He looks up to see yet another side of Sakuya.

This is nothing like her usual cold, calculating demeanor. This is a world apart from that single, genuine smile. This is uncontrolled rage. Pure anger and hatred. Killing intent, without reason nor remorse. She is going to kill him where he stands, with or without an answer. He is going to die.

They stand like that in silence for what seems like eternity. Then, they hear footsteps. Someone is walking nearby.

"Dammit!", Sakuya says.

She pulls herself away from Grey. The knives vanish from her hands.

"We will finish this at another time," she says before vanishing completely.

Grey rubs his neck as he tries to calm himself down. The wound isn't deep, but he needs to stop the bleeding. He quickly finds a table napkin from a nearby drawer and presses it against the wound.

The footsteps are now fading away; the person must have just passed by the hallway.

Grey needs to get away from here. If Sakuya finds him, he is dead for sure.

[ ] Head toward his room on the second floor.
[ ] Wander the hallways on the first floor.
[ ] Try to find a way outside.
[ ] Hide in the basement.

No comments: